Monday, April 9, 2012

Hunger Games Dinner Party

22

Yes, its all people are talking about these days: the Hunger Games.

Have you seen the movie yet? I have (twice!).  It was an awesome movie and even a much better book.

To celebrate the movie launch, I held a dinner party at my mother’s home last Saturday. After dinner we all went to the theatre together to see the movie.

 

Because most of us attending had read the books, I decided to base all the food off of items discussed in the first book.

3G4

For the Tart recipe, click here (Oh & don’t worry, I didn’t really use Goat Cheese!).

 

E145

My aunt Cindi made the “Puffy Bread” & it was to die for! Super soft, fluffy & sweet. She even added a “C” on top for the Capital.

My favorite part of the d├ęcor & creating the party was making Katniss’ dress! I love how it turned out. You can’t tell from photos, but it was super sparkly!

b10

I made the sugar cookies & tried my hand at using Royal Icing for the flames. I wasn’t too happy with the results, but for my first time it wasn’t too bad, I guess. At least they tasted yummy!

 

IMG_5518a19

For dinner we had vegetables, a green salad, barbequed Teriyaki chicken drumsticks, rolls & cheesy potatoes. And of course we all enjoyed multiple desserts. A true feast to get us all in the mood to watch the Hunger Games!

 

C38559

The party was a great success & if you haven’t read the book yet…go do it! (Even men enjoy it; both my father and husband read it last week & couldn’t wait to start on the 2nd one)

23

 

My cousins also brought a cake that they created for the party. Turned out great!

32

2 comments:

  1. Awesome party, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. watch pinoy tv show replays here CLICK HERE

    or download our android application here Philipine TV Replays android app

    or download our apple application here Philipine TV Replays ios app

    HOW TO INSTALL PHILIPPINES TV ON IPHONE AND IPOD TOUCH? CLICK HERE

    or visit Android and Apple APPS

    LIKE US : Facebook

    ReplyDelete