Saturday, February 11, 2012

Perfectly Pink “LOVE” Dessert Party

13_thumb2

Last night I invited my family over for a dessert party to celebrate Valentine’s Day and our love for each other. I decided to go with a PINK theme and I love the way everything turned out.

Each time my family first walked in the door they asked “Did you do all of this for us?” (There were only 6 of us) Haha, YES I did! And I had a great time doing it!

IMG_4371_thumb28_thumb21_thumb2

For the Raspberry Mousse I used this recipe. It was simple to make and everyone loved it!

4_thumb216_thumb29_thumb2

I made Oatmeal Sugar Cookies using this recipe. They are so delicious, I don’t know why I only make them on Valentine’s Day.

6_thumb210_thumb2

For drinks I made Pink Lemonade. I found this pitcher at TJMaxx and the mugs at Taipan Trading.

IMG_4346_thumb2

I got all the candies for the candy buffet in bulk at Winco. Even though I had to sift through a couple bins and pick out just the pink and white ones. :) The Cake Pops were made with crushed Oreos and cream cheese and dipped in white chocolate.

33_thumb25_thumb211_thumb2

For the cupcakes, I used a box mix but added applesauce and chopped up Maraschino Cherries. The frosting was this recipe with cherry juice added. They were super yummy and moist!

12_thumb27_thumb215_thumb2

The party was lots of fun and I was happy I got to share it with my family. Here’s some more details about what we did at the party (besides eat!).

17_thumb2

No comments:

Post a Comment